Speaker and Workshop Presenter
Dr Olga Lavalle
What you can expect from me:
- Prompt, professional replies to your phone calls and email messages.
- A personal phone consultation prior to your event, so I can better understand how to best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement about your event on my blog and social media channels. (This assumes that your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility for it.)
- A professionally prepared, dynamically delivered presentation focused on achieving the outcomes you want with your audience.
- A quick follow-up communication after the event, to make sure I met your expectations.
Dr Olga Lavalle - Interview with Melinda James - ABC Radio
The New Normal: Living with Grief
When I speak about The New Normal, I briefly take the audience through the following topics: Common Reactions to Loss, Organising Yourself, Self-Care, Coping on Significant Days, Supporting your Children, Myths about Grief, and Your New Normal.
The talk is Based on my Book (The New Normal: A Widow’s Guide to Grief) and is designed for those working in the area of Grief, for Grief Group Leaders, In Community or Organisation Affected by Loss
The goal for these talks is to help the audience understand grief and to walk away with tips and strategies to manage grief and adjust to life following loss.
We All Have A Story: Overcoming Adversity
When I speak about overcoming adversity, I talk about my story of becoming a widow and provide strategies on how to manage adverse life events. This is an inspirational talk.
The goal of this talk is to help the audience understand that no matter what life challenges are presented to us we do not have to let them destroy us. This can be done with the use of both emotion focused strategies and problem focused strategies.