About Our Clinic
Our psychologists aim to provide our clients with empathetic, professional assistance in understanding and coping with thoughts, feelings, and behaviours, working towards positive change and improved wellbeing. The main focus of the Psychology Clinic is to help improve mental health and wellbeing.
Why Choose Us
- Senior Clinical Psychologists with Doctoral level qualifications in psychology
- Highly experienced psychologists.
- An experienced team of professionals with strong backgrounds.
- Full registration with the Psychology Board of Australia.
- Flexible Appointment Times
- Convenient location
- Instant Medicare and Private Health Rebates
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a Referral?
If you are coming under WorkCover, or for a Motor Vehicle Accident, you will need a referral from your current treating doctor stating that psychological services are required.
You do not need a referral if you are attending as a private client or under your Private Health Insurance. Many private health funds will offer a rebate for sessions with a psychologist however, you should contact your health fund to discuss if you are covered.
Do you follow any certain method and what does that entail?
How long are sessions and can I book more than once a week?
What is your cancellation/no-show policy?
Do you hold phone or Skype appointments?
How do I know you can help me?
Who can I contact for emergencies or crisis situations?
For Crisis Support 24/7
• Lifeline– 131 114
• Mental Health Emergency Response Line – 1300 555 788
• Suicide Call Back Service -1300 659 467
• Kids Helpline 1800 55 1800
• MensLine Australia 1300 78 99 78
• Family Drug Support 1300 368 186
What should I expect at my first psychology appointment?
In the first session, we talk about issues that have brought you into therapy and your psychologist will ask questions relevant to your background history. This will include information about your family, social relationships, work history and any past treatment you may have had. Your psychologist will then discuss with you your treatment options and will make specific goals with you for you to achieve.